Saturday, November 8, 2008

This weekend...

It's only Saturday night, and I feel so blessed already!

I made a kinda major decision yesterday (the kind that family may not understand but just have to trust that you're following God on it). I've had mixed reviews from the fam, but great responses from my friends who see and agree with my point of view. So now because of that, I get to go to Texas for Thanksgiving and Christmas... And then today my dad calls and asks me to come at Thanksgiving and stay through Christmas. So that's a fun possiblity. I've got to pray it through though. I don't want to be in Texas if someone calls and wants to interview me for a job. Plus I would miss the Christmas things I wanted to do with my friends here. BUT it's not like I have a job, and I could help my parents move into their new house... and when am I ever going to be able to spend time like this with them. So please pray that I make the best decision all around.

Last night I hung out with the girls. We had dinner then met up with my sister (and friends) who were in town for the night. My friends hadn't really met my sister, so that was fun. And it was cool for my friends here to meet some of my friends from d-ville. Then we came back to my place and we just hung out. It ended up being a sleepover. =-) And it's been forever since I've had one of those.
Then today I went to a financial seminar at my church. It lasted ALL DAY... but it was good. And one of my friends went with, so we laughed a lot.

Tonight some friends that I hadn't talked to in a long time called and we all met up for dinner and went and played games at their house. They have a soon to be one year old and he's so big!! It's weird to me that so many of my friends have had babies in the past year and a half. It kinda freaks me out!
But it was so good to catch up with them and laugh and crack jokes on each other. It was a blast.

Tomorrow it's off to church then home to chill for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to that.

It's weekends like this that make me see how blessed I am to live where I live and have the friends that I have. I mean I miss my parents, but I'm an adult and need to be on my own right now. I'm so thankful for the way God shows us things. Fun!

0 comments: