Monday, November 17, 2008

the magic of oatmeal

The other night I went to walmart... Sidebar: I hate that place by the way. The prices are better than most grocery stores, but it's always so crowded and I leave there feeling tired and cranky. But they do usually have the most options for your basic stuff. While I was there I saw oatmeal. Now I haven't had oatmeal in years. We hardly ever ate it as kids. (I think my mom doesn't like it.) But when I lived in New Zealand, we ate it all the time. And I remember liking it a lot there. So when I saw it the other night, I had to get some. Plus it was cold and rainy outside and it made me want it even more. In New Zealand we would get plain oatmeal and flavor to taste, but seeing that the majority of my apartment is in boxes, I have no idea where those "flavors" would be. So I got the variety pack to see which ones I liked. So for the past several mornings, I've been enjoying a nice bowl of oatmeal. Strange how we get on kicks where we want certain foods huh? In New Zealand we would get plain oatmeal and flavor to taste, but seeing that the majority of my apartment is in boxes, I have no idea where those "flavors" would be. What's your breakfast of choice these days?

ps... I also got the pumkin spice flavored kind. I generally love most things pumpkin, but this stuff not so much. So if anyone wants some pumkin oatmeal to try let me know!
~cheers

0 comments: